Johnsonville Pigtails and Fries are easy to make and fun for the kids! This is one of my son's favorite meals. He always asks for it at least once a week. It is easy to make and when he is enjoying his dinner it means that everyone gets to enjoy theirs! I like to include one of his favorite's weekly, so he has something to look forward to!
Be sure to try this fun recipe for Johnsonville Pigtails and Fries. I like to serve it with corn or green beans. It is not really my favorite but that is part of the compromise in serving something that is my sons favorite one night and then our favorite another to incorporate variety. It is the best recipe for busy nights though! So simple to prepare and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Johnsonville PigTails & Fries
- 1 package 28 ounces frozen curly French Fries (any brand)
- 1 package 13.5 - 16 ounces Johnsonville Sausages
- Oil for deep-fat frying - or you can bake
- Cut sausage links in half lengthwise. Cut each half into three long strips.
- To Fry: In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F. Fry French fries in batches for 3-6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Place sausage strips in a single layer in fryer basket. Fry for about 1 minute or until they curl. Drain on paper towels. Serve with fries.
- To Bake: Spread fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 17-20 minutes, turning once. Arrange sausage strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 12-14 minutes or until they curl. Serve with fries.