I made King’s Chili for our local firefighters on Valentines Day! I am partial to the firefighters because I come from a family with several firefighters. The hours are long, the family time is sometimes cut short, and we believe they needed a special Valentine’s Day treat. So I made a batch of my famous King’s Chili in the slow cooker for them to enjoy.
I love chili and always have! I have found the more beans the better. Living in Northern KY I have also enjoyed making spaghetti and mixing it in with my chili. You would be surprised how much you really will like it! This is also the perfect opportunity to hide veggies from the kids. Pick ones that are easily hidden and blend them in.
Start by cooking the sausage in skillet and add chopped onion and add to sausage in skillet to brown. Add to your slow cooker one 8 oz can of tomato sauce and one 8 oz can of water. Add the browned sausage and onion. Stir in Chili Kit Contents. Combine all additional ingredients in the slow cooker and stir. (depending on how you like your chili you may or may not need the 2 can of tomato sauce). Cook 6 hours on low. Serve topped with shredded cheese and crunchy saltine crackers!
One of our readers said, “I just made this and used 2 lbs beef and it was the best chili I’ve ever made!” – Wow, thanks for the compliment! You can use beef or sausage for this recipe and you won’t be disappointed.
King's Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs of Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Cans Tomato Sauce 8oz
- 2 Cans of Chili Ready Tomatoes
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Cans of Black Beans Drained 15 oz
- 2 Cans of Chili Beans 16 oz
- 1 Chili Starter Kit
- Chili Packet just in case you need more seasoning
- Shredded Cheese
- Saltine Crackers
- Cook Sausage in skillet using directions
- Chop onion and add to sausage in skillet
- Stir in one 8 oz can of tomato sauce and one 8 oz can of water
- Stir in Chili Kit Contents
- I cook on medium heat while I prepare the Slow Cooker Contents
- Combine all left over ingredients in the slow cooker and stir. (depending on how you like your chili you may or may not need the 2 can of tomato sauce)
- Then add contents of the skillet to your slow cooker and stir.
- Cook 6 hours on low.
- *****If you have your chili to watery just add Masa to thicken. Masa comes in most Chili Starter kits.
- *****If you need more spice just start adding your Chili Packet to taste.
- Serve topped with Shredded Cheese and Crunched Saltine Crackers!
Other Chili Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.