This Layered Italian Sandwich is a great recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers. I love pesto so this recipe is a winner for me. The combination of turkey and salami are a great shake-up for after the holiday leftovers. It is hearty enough for dinner or a nice lunch on the go.
Layered Italian Sandwich
This Layered Italian Sandwich is a great recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers.
- 1 round focaccia bread about 8 inches in diameter
- 1 container 7 ounces refrigerated basil pesto
- 4 ounces sliced hard salami
- 6 whole lettuce leaves
- 4 whole Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- Cut focaccia horizontally in half.
- Spread pesto on both cut sides of focaccia.
- Layer salami, lettuce, tomatoes, turkey and cheese on bottom of focaccia; add top of focaccia.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Cut into 6 wedges.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.