Do you love Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes? I know when I go out to dinner I love to order baked sweet potatoes as my side dish. I love it even more when I can get my potato loaded with all that creamy goodness!
Sweet potatoes were on sale a few weeks ago at Kroger so I stocked up on them and decided to make my own Loaded Baked Sweet Potato. My husband and I thought they were incredibly delicious. I served these scrumptious potatoes alongside Crockpot Honey Rosemary Chicken.
This Loaded Baked Sweet Potato is the perfect side dish to any meal!
Loaded Baked Sweet Potato
- 2 whole large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and scrub your sweet potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place your potatoes on baking sheet.
- If desired you can poke a few holes in your potatoes but it is not necessary.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 1 hour.
- Pull potatoes out of the oven and using a oven mitt, carefully slice the top of the potato and push on both ends to open the potato, repeat on the other potato.
- Place 2 tablespoon brown sugar in each potato.
- Next put 1 tablespoon butter on top of the brown sugar.
- Divide the marshmallows between the two potatoes and place the baking sheet back in the oven.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until marshmallows are golden (you can also use your broiler and it will only take a minute or two, but be sure to watch as your potatoes can go from being perfect to burnt in a matter of seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!
Side Dish Recipes:
3 Ingredient Cookie and Treat Recipes
3 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE FUDGE - You can't get any easier than 3 ingredient chocolate fudge! This is the easiest recipe I have ever seen before for Chocolate Fudge and it doesn't require a candy thermometer.
THREE INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES - Three ingredient peanut butter cookies are my go to cookie recipe for an easy peanut butter cookie.
WHITE CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES - White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies are yummy! Made with only 3 ingredients in these low fat cookies that are perfect for the holidays.
COCOA MARSHMALLOW TREATS - Cocoa Marshmallow Treats are such a fun and an inventive way to make a kid friendly dessert!
Mallow Treat Bars - This is a great kid-friendly recipe that kids of all ages can assist in making.
Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats - This Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats recipe is amazing and so easy to prepare! They taste so good that you can't tell they are gluten free.
FROZEN GRAHAM CRACKER TREATS - These Frozen Graham Cracker Treats are perfect for summer. I made these easy dessert treats in less than ten minutes.
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT S'MORES - Too cold for S'mores? Think again! Check out this easy and delicious recipe for Microwave Chocolate Hazelnut S'Mores!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.