Do you love sweet potatoes? I know when i go out to dinner I love to order baked sweet potatoes as my side dish. I love it even more when I can get my potato loaded with all that creamy goodness!
Sweet potatoes were on sale a few weeks ago at Kroger so I stocked up on them and decided to make my own Loaded Baked Sweet Potato. My husband and I thought they were incredibly delicious. I served these scrumptious potatoes along side Crockpot Honey Rosemary Chicken.
This Loaded Baked Sweet Potato is the perfect side dish to any meal!
Loaded Baked Sweet Potato
- 2 whole large sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and scrub your sweet potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place your potatoes on baking sheet.
- If desired you can poke a few holes in your potatoes but it is not necessary.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 1 hour.
- Pull potatoes out of the oven and using a oven mitt, carefully slice the top of the potato and push on both ends to open the potato, repeat on the other potato.
- Place 2 Tbsp brown sugar in each potato.
- Next put 1 Tbsp butter on top of the brown sugar.
- Divide the marshmallows between the two potatoes and place the baking sheet back in the oven.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until marshmallows are golden (you can also use your broiler and it will only take a minute or two, but be sure to watch as your potatoes can go from being perfect to burnt in a matter of seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!
Side Dish Recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.