The holidays always make me remember my mother and her creamy rich potato dishes. Unfortunately all the cheese and cream are not so great for your diet so here is my new favorite substitute of Low Fat Twice Baked Potatoes. The give me the rich creamy texture I long for without too many calories. Just be careful and make sure to measure your servings correctly because these are so good you really will want to eat the whole pan. Each serving is only 2 Weight Watcher Points.
These are so yummy you won’t know that you have used fat free sour cream and cheese in them! They are sure to be a hit at your holiday table this year.
Low Fat Twice Baked Potatoes
- 6 whole Medium Russet Potatoes
- 8 oz. Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine
- ½ Cup Shredded Fat Free Cheddar Cheese we love Cabot brand for creaminess and it is gluten free
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and pierce potatoes with fork.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- Cut in half and scoop middle out of potato into a large bowl. Make sure to get as much “meat” from potato as possible. Set skins aside if you wish to use them to pre-portion potatoes into serving sizes or simply throw away. (We don’t care for the skins so typically do not save them.)
- In a large bowl lightly mash potatoes with seasonings, margarine and sour cream.
- Mix in half of shredded cheese.
- Scoop the potatoes into baking dish that has been pre-sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Makes 12 servings at 2 Weight Watchers Points each.