These Mardi Gras Cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate Fat Tuesday! These will be a huge hit at any party and they are simple to make. All you need is yellow cake mix, frosting, sprinkles and food coloring. Follow the package directions on making the cake mix. Once blended scoop out ½ cup batter and put into a bowl. Scoop out another ½ cup and place in another bowl.
In one bowl, add green food coloring and stir until you get desired color. In the other bowl, add red and blue food coloring and stir until you get the desired purple color.
Next you fill the cupcake liners with even amounts of each colored batter until about ⅔ full. Bake in oven according to package directions.
Once done baking let the Tie Dye Mardi Gras Cupcakes cool. When ready to decorate you can use sprinkles or colored coconut. I did some of both and the coconut added a great flavor! I also used my recipe Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting.
Mardi Gras Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- food coloring
- coconut optional
- Make cake mix batter according to package directions.
- Scoop ½ cup of cake batter into bowl.
- Scoop another ½ cup cake batter into another bowl.
- In the first bowl add green food coloring until desired color is reached.
- In the second bowl add red and blue food coloring until desired purple color is reached.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and spray nonstick cooking spray in them.
- Next add even amounts of each cake batter into each cupcake liner until about ⅔ full.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Once baked let cool completely.
- Frost and decorate as desired.
Mardi Gras Ideas
Check out our LENT RECIPES
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.