I love this recipe for Mini Apple Pies! They would be perfect for Valentine's Day and they could easily be adapted to other holiday's or special occasions.
I think for July 4th they would be perfect with cherries or blueberries and you could cut a start out of the pie crust! You can also "cheat" and use canned pie filling. Since you are using pre-made pie crusts this is a great shortcut.
A tip is to cut it out your pie crusts with a wide mouth mason jar ring and use a cookie cutter for top crust. You may need to turn on your broiler to "brown" the top crust. Mini Apple Pies are super cute & super fun! I think I'm going to make EVERYTHING miniature from now on! Really all we need is a bite and it is great portion control! I would serve this with my homemade whipped cream too.
Mini Apple Pies
- 4 cups of apples diced into cubes - 1 large apple equals 1 cup of apples
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- ¾ c of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom optional
- 4 tablespoons of chilled real butter salted cut into 12 equal slices.
- 1 box of Pillsbury pie crusts chilled but not frozen
- 2 TBSP Butter melted
- Cinnamon to garnish
- Peel and dice apples - Granny Smith, Gala or Fuji would make a good choice but you can choose whatever you like.
- Toss with 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Mix the apples with all ingredients except butter and pie crusts
- Make sure you toss well and apples are coated.
- Unroll your first pie crust and 12 several circles out using a wide mouth mason jar ring (large glass or large biscuit cutter will work)
- Repeat until you have 12 crusts.
- Line each cup of your muffin tin with a pie crust.
- Fill each muffin cup until slightly rounded - very full.
- Place a pat of your divided butter on top of the mounded muffin cup.
- Using left over dough cut small shapes out and cover - you can use any theme (heart, shamrock, initials, Halloween or Christmas theme)
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 20 minutes. Be sure to check often as you don't want them to burn.
- Serve with a mini scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.