Mom’s Fried Fish is so easy to make and perfect for Lenten Season! We hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Mom's Fried Fish
Mom's Fried Fish is easy to prepare and perfect for Lent
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1-1/2 cups of saltines about 45 crackers
- 2 pounds whitefish fillets cut in half lengthwise
- Oil For frying
- Tarter Sauce Recipe
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Place eggs and cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip Fillets into eggs, then coat with crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes!
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375.
- Fry Fillets, a few at a time, for 2 minutes on each side or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the tarter sauce ingredients and serve with fish.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.