Mushroom Meatballs is a comfort meal that my family loves to have. It is simple to prepare, put in a casserole dish then let the oven do everything. It's nice to put it in the oven and forget about it for awhile, so you can do other things. I like to serve Loaded Sweet Potatoes along with the meatballs. To save on cooking time I place the sweet potatoes in the crockpot for a few hours.
In this recipe for Mushroom Meatballs I prepare my meatballs with salt, pepper, diced onion, eggs and bread crumbs, but you can make your meatballs following your favorite recipe. This recipe is so easy to adapt to your family's favorites.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 whole onion diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 - 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 jar Mushroom gravy
- In a medium size bowl combine beef, onion, salt, pepper, egg and bread crumbs.
- Start with 1/2 cup bread crumbs and add more if needed.
- Roll meat mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Heat medium-large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add meatballs and cook for 7-10 minutes, turning every couple minutes to brown the outside edges.
- While cooking, preheat oven to 350.
- Place in a casserole dish once done.
- Pour jar of gravy over the meatballs.
- Wrap casserole dish with foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Serve with gravy and enjoy!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.