Chocolate Chip Cookies and Oatmeal Cookies are two of my husband’s absolute favorite cookies. He was so excited last week when he came home from work and he saw these delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies on the cooling rack. With Back to School in full swing I decided to bake a special dessert for my boys.
I was recently asked to participate in a virtual Bake Sale by McCormick Kitchen. I was inspired by a Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and decided to create my own version for the bake sale. Of course you can’t go wrong with adding chocolate chips to any cookie! In the recipe I created you need vanilla and cinnamon and I love to use McCormick’s.
I love to bake for causes that are near and dear to my heart. When preparing food for bake sales I find a good tip is to include classic recipes that everyone loves. You can’t go wrong with those tried and true recipes. Also be sure to limit ingredients that are allergens or if you include them be sure to label them. Another great tip is to make some allergy friendly cookies like gluten free and dairy free options. I love to try new recipes but for bake sales I want to be sure that the product is top notch! I generally make iced brownies and cookies when it comes to bake sales but I also find that whole cakes do well too!
Another tip for bake sales is the packaging! Keep the product easy see – I like to use clear plastic bags that I pick up at the local craft or dollar store and then I use an inexpensive ribbon from my stockpile to tie it off in a festive color depending on the theme for the bake sale. Price is key. Always go with round numbers. It is easier for counting back change and you will make more too!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are AMAZING! Best Cookie Ever!
- 1/2 cup 1 stick plus 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 3 cups oats quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookies sheets; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.