This post may contain affiliate links.
Oven Chuck Roast with Onions was simple to put together in a dish, place in the oven and go do other things while it cooked. My husband really loves this dish and after a hard day at work he loves coming home to this dinner on the table. When I prepared this I made some canned corn and Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
Simply roast in the oven for 80 minutes (20 minutes per pound). Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes. You need to let it rest before you slice it. It is a tasty chuck roast with onion that is really filling and the whole family will love.
Oven Chuck Roast with Onions
Tasty Chuck Roast topped with onion!
- 3-4 lb chuck roast
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 2 tsp ranch mix
- 1 medium white onion sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chuck roast in baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown gravy mix and ranch mix over the top of the chuck roast.
- Place onion pieces on top and sides of the chuck roast.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Place dish in oven and cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes (20 minutes per pound).
- Once cooked cover will foil and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Roast in oven for 20 minutes per pound. Once cooked remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes: