I am in LOVE with this Overnight No Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast recipe for on the go and you don't have time to cook breakfast each morning then you are going to love this recipe! Best of all you can use any fruit or ingredients that you love! I love that you can mix and match and make your own flavor combination.
This is often referred to as "summer porridge" because often times people don't like a hot breakfast in the mornings when it is hot outside. Personally I am always on the go and I don't have time to sit down and make breakfast each morning so using this quick and easy make ahead breakfast really works for me! Best of all it is delicious and good for me!
I hope you enjoy mixing and matching and creating your own flavor combinations as much as I do. I love to make a batch of these on Sunday for the rest of the week and enjoy one each morning. I suggest a wide mouth canning jar because it is easier to use and eat from. My husband even loves this recipe!
Overnight No Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal
- ¼ cup Old fashioned rolled oats not instant, quick, or steel-cut
- ⅓ cup Greek Yogurt regular yogurt is thinner; if you use it, you'll need to reduce the amount of milk slightly
- ¼ cup Milk any will work
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Flaxseeds optional
- ¼ cup Fruit
- honey cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup, PB2, cocoa powder, almond extract, applesauce, optional
- Half Pint 1 cup Mason Jars
- Add oats, milk, yogurt, and chia seeds and flaxseed to a Mason Jar, along with any additional toppings (honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup, PB2, cocoa powder, almond extract, applesauce)
- Put a lid on the jar and shake to combine.
- Add fruit and shake gently until combined.
- Place in fridge overnight and up to 2 days (I have made them on a Sunday for the week depending on the ripeness of the fruit used).
For this recipe I used fresh mango. However you can use any fruit. I personally like to reserve adding nuts until the morning when I eat it. I love to add sliced almonds, walnuts or pecans. Some of my favorite combinations include:
- Strawberry and Vanilla
- Raspberry and Chocolate
- Mango and Honey
- Apples and Cinnamon
- Banana and PB2
- Blueberry and Maple Syrup
- Mandarin Oranges and Coconut
- Cherry and Chocolate
- Pineapple and Coconut
- Pumpkin and Cinnamon
Easy Breakfast Recipes: