This post may contain affiliate links.
Paleo Grilled Pumpkin Chicken Breasts are perfect for summer time grilling! Not to mention that these chicken breasts are full of taste and will have you begging for more. This paleo chicken recipe is also very simple and easy to prepare and make.
All you need for this grilling recipe is some basic ingredients and spices to make a wonderful marinade for the chicken. Starting with a cup of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin puree.
Did you know pumpkin is one of those vegetables you can use in a variety of recipes? Well you can! You can make several recipes that are sweet or savory. I like using pumpkin puree in these recipes —>Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Chicken and Pumpkin Soup and Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
Pumpkin is a superfood. Pumpkin adds extra fiber and Vitamin A to recipes. It’s packed with Beta Carotene. It can be used to replace the fat in some recipes and cut the amount of sodium per serving in others. When used as a replacement for butter, eggs or oil it can also reduce calories. It can be incorporated in breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and beverages – all that taste great.
We hope you enjoy this Paleo Grilled Chicken Breast. It is perfect for dinner on a fall evening. You are sure to fall in love with it once you try it. Full of flavor but without any gluten.
Paleo Grilled Pumpkin Chicken Breasts
- 3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish and season with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together pumpkin, chicken stock, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, red pepper flakes and curry powder.
- Pour contents over the chicken breasts.
- Put saran wrap over baking dish and place in fridge to marinate for at least 8 hours or over night.
- Heat grill over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and grill with lid closed for 4-5 minutes then flip chicken over.
- Brush chicken with marinade.
- Cook chicken another 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Let chicken sit for 2-3 minutes before serving.