I am LOVE with this Paleo Meatloaf recipe that I created. I was craving meatloaf and decided to create one that would be Paleo and Gluten Free. I used mushrooms instead of bread crumbs. My husband was curious about this one but when I served it he had no idea it was Paleo until he finished it! He did notice the mushrooms but didn't even realize there was no breading used. I love this low carb and gluten free dinner. It is perfect for leftovers too! You could make it in a muffin tin method too for quicker cooking.
I used Bison for this recipe but you could use ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey or any combination. This is a great recipe to sneak in some extra vegetables into your families diet too! I personally like to serve it with Roasted Broccoli.
This Paleo Meatloaf is so good! Of course you can't go wrong with bacon!
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 7 Points
- 2 lbs of ground beef bison or turkey (or any combination)
- 1 medium onion diced very thin
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers diced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed and diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- Bacon optional but so yummy!
- Lightly saute your onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Combine all of your ingredients together except the bacon.
- Grease with olive oil loaf pan or muffin tin.
- Place meat mixture in pan.
- Add bacon to the top and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (loaf pan) or 20 minutes for muffin tins (or until bacon is done).
- If you want a ketchup or tomato based topping you can make your own sugar free version using 1/4 cup sugar free tomato sauce or paste, 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp dry mustard. Add to the meatloaf the last 10 minutes cooking in the loaf pan.