This post may contain affiliate links.
Paula Deen’s Crockpot Potato Soup is perfect for a cold winter’s day. This soup will warm you up and is one of the best comfort soups that I’ve had in a long time. It is also very easy to throw all the ingredients in the crockpot and let it slow cook all day.
The best part of this soup recipe is you only need 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper! I had all of the ingredients in my home and only needed to add the southern style hash browns to my weekly grocery list.
Combine all the ingredients except for the cream cheese and shredded cheese. Mix well and cook on low 6-8 hours. Add the cream cheese and continue to cook for 30 minutes. Stir well until soup is smooth. Spoon into bowls and add shredded cheese to the top if desired.
If you are preparing for freezer simply dump all ingredients into a freezer safe bag except for broth and cream cheese and freeze. When ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place in the slow cooker in the morning with broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add cream cheese last 30 minutes and enjoy!
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Paula Deen's Crockpot Potato Soup
- 1 30 oz bag of frozen southern style hash-brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans of chicken or vegetable broth 14.5 oz each
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or cream of celery soup
- 1 package Cream Cheese softened
- shredded cheese optional for serving
- Combine all the ingredients except for the cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Mix well and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Add the cream cheese and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir well until soup is smooth.
- Spoon into bowls and add shredded cheese to the top if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!