If you are looking for a special treat for your children on Valentine's Day look no further than PBJ Hearts! I can't claim this as an original but I will say that I made them for our class party at school and they were a huge hit!
- 1- inch and 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutters
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Jelly
- Cut out both slices of bread with the 3" heart cookie cutter. Cut a 1" heart shape from the center of one slice of bread; discard scraps.
- SPREAD the solid heart bread slice with peanut butter.
- Top with cut heart bread slice and fill small heart opening with jelly.
Thanks to my friend Jamie York for sharing this with me and Jif.com for the idea.
Be sure to check out these other Valentine's Day posts:
Valentine’s Day Treat Box Ideas
Batman Valentine Exchange Box
Handstamped Valentine Cards
Heart Photo Craft Using Cupcake Wrappers
How to Make a Candy Vase
Candy Cane Hearts
How to make a “candy bar cake”