If you are looking for a special treat for your children on Valentine’s Day look no further than Peanut Butter and Jelly Heart Sandwiches. I can’t claim this as an original but I will say that I made them for my sons class party at school and they were a huge hit! You could substitute with any nut butter, nutella or cream cheese to avoid nut allergies if taking them to school. They would also make a great after school or lunchbox treat for Valentine’s Day too! Enjoy!
- 1- inch and 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutters
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Jelly
- Cut out both slices of bread with the 3" heart cookie cutter. Cut a 1" heart shape from the center of one slice of bread; discard scraps.
- SPREAD the solid heart bread slice with peanut butter.
- Top with cut heart bread slice and fill small heart opening with jelly.
Thanks to my friend Jamie York for sharing this with me.
Be sure to check out these Valentine’s Day posts: