We are in football season (my husbands favorite time of the year) and this is a great game day recipe for a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Football or “Cheeseball” recipe that I found on Pinterest and adapted into this recipe to suit my husbands sweet tooth. It could easily be made into any shape from football to basketball to wherever your imagination takes you!
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later! A
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Football or Cheeseball
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter best not to use "natural"
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup regular chocolate chips
- 1 bag Mini chocolate chips for the outside of the football
- White frosting for the football laces or orange for the basketball
- Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed.
- Add vanilla
- Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined (add more if necessary)
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped peanuts
- Spoon mixture onto a large piece of saran wrap and place into the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Shape into desired shape (football, basketball or ball)
- Cover with mini chocolate chips and transfer to serving plate with a large spatula.
- Use white frosting to draw on "laces" to the football if desired or orange if making a basketball.
- Serve with graham crackers (gluten free or regular)
Adapted from recipe found on Pinterest – crazyforcrust.com
Game Day Recipes: