Pecan Tassies are the perfect Tea Time dessert. We actually love to serve these sweet treats for Christmas too! They are better for portion control than traditional pecan pie and taste delicious! You can dust them with powdered sugar too! I love to serve mini desserts and cookies at the Holidays! I have been making these for years. Everyone loves them! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Pecan Tassies are easy to prepare and taste amazing. The perfect bite of pecan pie in every single bite size serving. Perfect for parties or a Christmas event.
- 1 3 oz. package regular or reduced fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1 c. sifted flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar packed
- 1 T. soft butter or margarine
- 1/2 t. white corn syrup optional
- Dash salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2/3 c. pecans coarsely chopped
- Blend softened cream cheese and margarine, with pastry blender.
- Stir in flour.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Shape into 2 dozen (1 inch) balls and place in tiny ungreased (mini muffin tin) 1 and 3/4 inch muffin tins. Press dough on bottom and sides to make the tart-like shells. Add filling. You can use a pampered chef tool to assist you or use was paper.
- Cream the sugar and butter. Add egg, salt, syrup, and vanilla. Continue beating until smooth.
- Divide half (1/3 cup) of chopped nuts among the tart shells.
- Add creamed mixture to tart shells.
- Top with remaining 1/3 c. nuts.
- Bake until filling is set at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool and remove from muffin pan.