Gluten Free Peppermint Brownies are out of this world amazing! They are perfect for the holidays! I love how just a few drops of peppermint essential oil gives them an amazing flavor. I am thinking of adding a little crushed peppermint next time! You can always use peppermint extract if you don't have essential oil.
Gluten Free Brownies
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 7 oz semisweet or bittersweet baking chocolate divided OR 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3-5 drops drops of peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the almond flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt together 4 ounces of chocolate or 1/2 cup chocolate chips with the butter.
- While the chocolate is melting, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate and butter into the egg/sugar mixture while whisking until fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate mixture in with the dry ingredients and mix completely.
- Pour the batter in an 8 x 8 pan. - I like to double and bake in a 9 x 13
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate and gently press it into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
- Let these cool completely before cutting in.
Be sure to check out these Gluten Free Desserts: