This post may contain affiliate links.
Philly Cheese Steaks Skillet Recipe simple to make but they are full of flavor and will fill you up. Making these a great, hearty meal. With only a few ingredients in this recipe I found it to be so tasty and will definitely be making this again! Philly Cheese Steaks Skillet Recipe is perfect for a week night dinner that you can make in less than 30 minutes!
All you need is pre-packaged angus steak strips (or you could buy a steak and cut your self, but I think it is much easier with pre-sliced), one large sweet onion, green bell pepper, shredded provolone cheese and hoagie buns. In some other recipes I come across you can also use mushrooms, but my boys are not fans so I left them out.
Start by cooking the steak and chopped onion together in a large skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper. Once cooked thoroughly add the meat mixture to hoagie and sprinkle with cheese. Place in the oven and let them heat until the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy the Philly Cheese Steaks Skillet Recipe, you will not be disappointed!
Philly Cheese Steaks Skillet Recipe
Philly Cheese Steaks Skillet Recipe is perfect for a week night dinner that you can make in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 to 2 lb steak strips
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper. diced
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
- dash salt and pepper to season
- 4-6 mini buns or hoagies I used mini buns
- In a large skillet cook steak, peppers and onions, about 7-8 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble cheese steaks: open hoagie bun and add in 1/4 of meat filling then top with a slice of cheese, repeat until all buns/hoagies are filled.
- Serve and enjoy!