I love this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Apple-Cheddar Rolls. You can never go wrong with BACON 🙂
Bacon Wrapped Apple-Cheddar Rolls
- 1 to 2 Granny Smith apples cut into 16 (1/4-inch) slices
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 slices 1/4 inch extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, cut in half (from 8-oz block)
- 16 slices packaged precooked bacon
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with nonstick foil, parchment paper or silicone baking mat. (Some cheese will melt out during baking so this will make cleanup easier.)
- In medium bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar; sprinkle with salt.
- On cutting board, unroll dough; separate dough into 8 triangles. From center of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.
- Place 1 cheese slice on shortest side of each dough triangle; top each with 1 apple slice. Fold sides of dough triangle up slightly; wrap dough around apple and cheese.
- Wrap 1 bacon slice around outside of each dough roll-up, making sure ends of bacon are on bottom and slightly tucked in. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
- Raw bacon doesn’t work because it won’t have enough time to cook. You need to use precooked for this recipe to work. Precooked bacon can be found at the supermarket.
- If you precook your own bacon, make sure you don’t cook it until it’s crispy. You want it to be pliable so it can wrap around the dough.
Thanks Pillsbury for the recipe and image.
Posts You May Enjoy: