Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Football Cheeseball is the perfect appetizer for game day! Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Football Cheeseball is the perfect appetizer for game day! This is a crowd pleaser and perfect for tailgating.
It is football season and for me that means making yummy recipes for game day. My husband bleeds orange. I mean bleeds. He loves to watch the Tennessee VOLS play football. It is something I knew when I married him. With football season in full swing this is a recipe that I knew he would LOVE.
I mean really can you go wrong with a sweet dip that combines cream cheese, chocolate chips and peanut butter? I think not. Best of all you can make this into any "shape" that you like or just spoon it into a bowl and enjoy it as a traditional dip.
It does take an hour or so for this recipe to chill before you can finish it off and serve it but trust me it is worth the wait. My husband was a happy man and has asked for this sweet treat on game day again and again after he enjoyed it the first time. I hope you find it as delicious as we did. Game day isn't the same without it.
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Football
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- 1 stick butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter creamy
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup regular chocolate chips
- 1 bag Mini chocolate chips for the outside of the football
- 1 tub White frosting for the football laces or orange for the basketball
- Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed.
- Add vanilla
- Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined (add more if necessary)
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped peanuts
- Spoon mixture onto a large piece of saran wrap and place into the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Shape into desired shape (football, basketball or other). Place into the fridge for up to 1 hour to chill.
- Cover with mini chocolate chips and transfer to serving plate with a large spatula.
- Use white frosting to draw on "laces" to the football if desired or orange frosting if making a basketball.
- Serve with graham crackers (gluten free or regular). You can also serve with Nilla Wafers or Pretzels.
Adapted from recipe found at crazyforcrust.com
You may also like:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.