Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie Recipe looks like the perfect dessert for summer! With Strawberries in season you just can’t go wrong! I love mixing salty and sweet together too!
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie Recipe
Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie tastes so yummy! The combination of the sweet and salty is really perfect!
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. strawberry gelatin 1/2 [3-oz.] package
- 2 cups whipping cream divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Process strawberries in a food processor until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Beat condensed milk and next 2 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. (Use the whisk attachment if using a stand mixer.) Add strawberries; beat at low speed just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat 3/4 cup whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form; gently fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze 8 to 12 hours or until firm.
- Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream at high speed until foamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread over pie. Freeze 1 hour or until whipped cream is firm.
Other ideas you may like:
DIY Twix Bars (1000 Dollar Bars)