These Zucchini Bites are amazing! If you are swimming in zucchini from your garden you have to give these a try! This recipe is easy to make and I love the little crunch. It reminds me of a tater tot without the carbs.
You can make Zucchini Bites in your choice of regular muffin pan or a mini muffin tin. I have zucchini growing in my garden and once it is ready to harvest I will be looking for ways to prepare it. I love this idea to make it into a bite sized side dish. This is the perfect recipe for a summer party.
My husband really enjoyed this recipe and if you wanted to you could just simply pan fry them into fritters or pancakes. The sky is the limit. If you are like me you enjoy zucchini anyway it is prepared. One of my favorite veggies is zucchini fresh from the garden or farmer's market.
I hope you enjoy this easy side dish recipe for Zucchini Bites as much as we do.
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced finely
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (I use fresh or shredded)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (I like Italian)
- 1/4 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray or oil and set aside.
- Grate the zucchini (I like to use my Kitchen Aid Mixer with attachment) and drain any liquid. Then place in paper towels or a cheesecloth to squeeze out the excess water. This really helps them crisp up when baking and not to be soggy. My advice is don't skip this step.
- In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper..
- Using a spoon fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. If cooking in a regular size muffin tin allow to cook 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple minutes in the pan and then enjoy.
Other ideas you may like:
DIY Twix Bars (1000 Dollar Bars)
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.