If you are looking for a fun April Fools idea for the kids this April Fools Sushi would be a great one! I love pranks on April Fools Day, especially when it involves food.
This fun and unique April Fools Sushi dessert is made with fruit roll ups! I think this would be so much for the kids as a surprise dessert!
It is simple to make using a simple fruit roll up. Give this easy recipe a try and see how the kids enjoy it on April Fools Day. I know mine did. They can't wait to see what I create next year.
April Fools Day Sushi
- 10 packages Fruit Roll-Ups
- 10 pieces multicolored licorice
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter cubed
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- Unroll the Fruit Roll-Ups, leaving paper attached.
- Cut licorice lengthwise into thin strips; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine marshmallows and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once a minute. Add cereal; stir to coat.
- Place about ½ cup cereal mixture on the edge of each roll-up; place licorice in the center of the mixture. Roll up sushi rolls to about 1-inch diameter.
- Discard paper. Trim edges of rolls; cut each into four pieces. Store in an airtight container.
You may like these ideas too:
Kid Friendly Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.