We love Polish Sausage Casserole! This one dish meal is so easy to prepare. This dish is ready to eat in less than 30 minutes! My husband loves the combination of polish sausage, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. I love the ease of making this recipe into a casserole and then of course with the cheese on top you can't go wrong! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Polish Sausage Casserole is ready in less than 30 minutes and a hearty meal that everyone will love.
Polish Sausage Casserole
- 1 package Johnsonville Polish Sausage 2 sleeves
- 1 package prepared mashed potatoes or make your own
- 1 package sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté chopped onions in butter.
- Add sliced polish sausage to brown/heat thoroughly.
- Heat mashed potatoes in microwave following directions or make your own (see directions).
- After heated stir in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a skillet heat sauerkraut. After heated drain any liquid.
- Line the bottom of a shallow casserole dish with sauerkraut. Add layer of sausage/onion mixture.
- Cover with mashed potato mixture.
- Top with leftover shredded cheddar cheese and place into a 350 degree oven until the cheese melts.