These delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins are perfect on a crisp Fall morning! If you love everything pumpkin, then these muffins are a must try for you. I am one of those people who as soon as Fall comes I am ready for anything with pumpkin in it. It is my favorite!
I came across this recipe on Facebook as my friends had posted that they made them. So of course I had to get the recipe and make them this past week. My husband and I were in heaven eating them. The recipe makes 18 muffins, but you can put them in an airtight container and place in the fridge for a week. I had one straight from the oven, but the ones from the fridge during the week for breakfast before work were even better!
My hubby and I were so excited to have them for breakfast for the week that I am going to make another batch this coming up weekend. I did have all the ingredients on hand to make them and it only took about ten minutes to prep them and then 20 minutes in the oven. Beware that your kitchen will smell amazing!
Be sure to try Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins, you will not be disappointed at all! Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins recipe is a must try treat this Fall season!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin (puree)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 oz cream cheese block
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 and place paper baking cups in muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the can of pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk in the flour mixture until there are no lumps; fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in sugar, yolk and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Top each muffin with 1 Tbsp of cream cheese mixture; use a toothpick to swirl with the batter.
- Bake muffins 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Pumpkin Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.