Pumpkin Roll is one of my favorite Thanksgiving desserts! I like to make it when I can pick up pumpkin on sale and when I have free cream cheese! My Mother-in-Law passed this recipe to me and always makes it for me for Christmas.
I love making it with my own homemade pumpkin puree too.
Homemade Pumpkin Roll is a delicious treat that my family loves to indulge in on the holidays. Pumpkin Roll is a dessert that I absolutely love and eat way too much of. But when the holidays are here I just can’t help myself. It does take time to make this Homemade Pumpkin Roll, but it is so worth it in the end.
I love to make 3 or 4 rolls at a time so that I can hand out some to my neighbors, friends or Peyton's teachers at Christmas time. With each roll I can cut it into 4 sections for four different neighbors and friends. Our neighbors enjoy receiving their Homemade Pumpkin Roll every year.
You can also make your own Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Icing. Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Be sure to check out this yummy Pumpkin Roll Recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is a tradition at our house.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat 3 eggs for 3 minutes at high speed and gradually add 1 cup of sugar, ¾ cup pumpkin, 1 tsp. lemon juice.
- Stir ¾ cup flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. nutmeg and ½ tsp. salt.
- Mix together and pour into waxed paper lined jelly pan. Top with ½ cup chopped pecans.
- Bake 375 - 15 minutes
- Turn out on a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove the waxed paper and roll up in the towel and cool 20 minutes. Unroll and spread with filling.
- cup powdered sugar
- TBSP melted butter
- oz cream cheese
- tsp. vanilla
- Beat until smooth. Spread on cake. Roll up again. This can be frozen. Just let thaw before serving.
15 HALLOWEEN RECIPES
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.