This post may contain affiliate links.
Are you looking for the perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out these super cute and easy Rainbow Cupcakes. They are so easy to make! They just take a little time to mix the colors and layer. I love that they made from a cake mix. A great shortcut method! They would really be a great addition to a St. Patrick’s Day party.
- Prepare yellow cake mix as directed on box.
- Split batter evenly into six bowls.
- Color batter as directed according to chart.
- Layer cupcakes with batter be sure to cover color below.
- Bake as directed on box.
- Frost with white icing.
- You could top with a rolo or gold coin for even more effect.
Chart: Rainbow Color and Drops of Food Coloring
- Purple – 9 red and 6 blue drops
- Blue – 12 drops
- Green – 12 drops
- Yellow – 12 drops
- Orange – 12 yellow drops and 4 red drops
- Red – 18 drops
Thanks to my friend Michelle Frodge for sharing with us! She found this great idea in a Family Fun Magazine.
Check out this other St. Patrick’s Day posts: