This post may contain affiliate links.
Are you looking for the perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out these super cute and easy Rainbow Cupcakes. They are so easy to make! They just take a little time to mix the colors and layer. I love that they made from a cake mix. A great shortcut method! They would really be a great addition to a St. Patrick’s Day Party.
Best of all you can make these with any type of cake mix. If you have gluten free guests they can be prepared with a gluten free cake mix or if you are a diabetic you can use a sugar-free cake mix.
Rainbow cupcakes are easy to make with a cake mix. Use the chart about to make 6 colors and then layer the cupcakes with batter to create the rainbow and bake. This is the perfect addition to a rainbow themed party too!
How To Make Rainbow Cupcakes:
- Prepare yellow cake mix as directed on box.
- Split batter evenly into six bowls.
- Color batter as directed according to chart above.
- Layer cupcakes with batter be sure to cover color below each layer so that you get a true rainbow once baked.
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
- Frost with white icing.
- Optional – You could top with a rolo or gold coin for even more effect.
Chart: Rainbow Color and Drops of Food Coloring
- Purple – 9 red and 6 blue drops
- Blue – 12 drops
- Green – 12 drops
- Yellow – 12 drops
- Orange – 12 yellow drops and 4 red drops
- Red – 18 drops
We hope you enjoy this creative rainbow cupcake! It is sure to a huge success at your St. Patrick’s Day party! If you are a class room mom this will be a dessert that all of the children will enjoy eating.
Thanks to my friend Michelle Frodge for sharing with us! She found this great idea in a Family Fun Magazine.
Check out this other St. Patrick’s Day posts: