Are you looking for the perfect dessert for St. Patrick's Day? Check out these super cute and easy Rainbow Cupcakes. They are so easy to make! They just take a little time to mix the colors and layer. I love that they made from a cake mix. A great shortcut method! They would really be a great addition to a St. Patrick's Day Party.
Best of all you can make these with any type of cake mix. If you have gluten free guests they can be prepared with a gluten free cake mix or if you are a diabetic you can use a sugar-free cake mix.
Rainbow cupcakes are easy to make with a cake mix. Use the chart about to make 6 colors and then layer the cupcakes with batter to create the rainbow and bake. This is the perfect addition to a rainbow themed party too!
How To Make Rainbow Cupcakes:
- Prepare yellow cake mix as directed on box.
- Split batter evenly into six bowls.
- Color batter as directed according to chart above.
- Layer cupcakes with batter be sure to cover color below each layer so that you get a true rainbow once baked.
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
- Frost with white icing.
- Optional - You could top with a rolo or gold coin for even more effect.
Chart: Rainbow Color and Drops of Food Coloring
- Purple - 9 red and 6 blue drops
- Blue - 12 drops
- Green - 12 drops
- Yellow - 12 drops
- Orange - 12 yellow drops and 4 red drops
- Red - 18 drops
We hope you enjoy this creative rainbow cupcake! It is sure to a huge success at your St. Patrick's Day party! If you are a class room mom this will be a dessert that all of the children will enjoy eating.
Thanks to my friend Michelle Frodge for sharing with us! She found this great idea in a Family Fun Magazine.
Check out this other St. Patrick’s Day posts: