I love this Raspberry Pear Green Smoothie. If you like raspberries you are going to love this green smoothie. I mentioned several days ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies and I posted this basic green smoothie recipe and this advanced green smoothie recipe for you and then my new personal favorite the cucumber mango green smoothie – if loved those you are really going to love this one. I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class. In fact I am down 3 lbs this week! Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients. I am so excited.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use a certified therapeutic grade lemon essential oil or lemon rind to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink, blue or red and it tastes just a little better I hope you enjoy! One tip is to freeze berries when they are at a stockpile price. You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
UPDATE: You may want to read this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 2 Points
Raspberry Pear Green Smoothie
- 2 cups almond sunflower or coconut milk
- Large Handful of Spinach
- Small Handful of other greens like Kale and Swiss Chard
- Celery 2 stalks
- 1 Pair Cut up with peel - no core
- 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1-2 drops lemon oil or 1 tsp freshly ground lemon peel
- 2 leaves of fresh organic mint
- Add 2 cups of milk to blender
- Add 1 large handful of spinach and other greens to blender
- Blend greens - add more greens if desired
- Add Pear (peel included - however no core) - chop into smaller pieces if you are using a blender versus a blendtec or vitamix
- Add 2 stalks of celery (chopped if you don't have a blendtec or vitamix)
- Add 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil or 1 tsp. freshly ground lemon peel
- Add 2 mint leaves optional
- This recipe makes two smoothies. Enjoy one for breakfast and the other for an afternoon snack.
- You don't have to get hung up on measuring - feel free to "eye ball" it or use what you have in your refrigerator.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Disclosure: We are not providing medical advice, please consult your physician with any questions.