Red Velvet Cupcakes are moist and delicious! They are easy to prepare and always seem to be a big hit at parties. I see red velvet cupcakes all the time in the cupcake stores and on restaurant menus. So I decided to give it a try and make some at home! These cupcakes would be perfect for Valentine's Day!
For the frosting I used my recipe ==> Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how! This is a great money saving tip.
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are too die for! So moist and delicious! They are perfect for Valentine's Day and Christmas!!
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1 ounce bottle McCormick® Red Food Color
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended.
- Do not overbeat.
- Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Frost with Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
Be sure to try these other scrumptious Dessert recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.