This post may contain affiliate links.
Red Velvet Cupcakes are moist and delicious! They are easy to prepare and always seem to be a big hit at parties. I see red velvet cupcakes all the time in the cupcake stores and on restaurant menus. So I decided to give it a try and make some at home! These cupcakes would be perfect for Valentine’s Day!
For the frosting I used my recipe ==> Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how! This is a great money saving tip.
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are too die for! So moist and delicious! They are perfect for Valentine’s Day and Christmas!!
Red Velvet Cupcakes
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are too die for! So moist and delicious! They are perfect for Valentine's Day and Christmas!!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1 ounce bottle McCormick® Red Food Color
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended.
- Do not overbeat.
- Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Frost with Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
Be sure to try these other scrumptious Dessert recipes: