Do you love a Reuben? I sure do! I am the only one who likes it on traditional Rye Bread though. Yesterday, we were out of bread at our house and we started creating Waffle Tacos. We had all the ingredients for a Reuben so I thought...hmmm and that is how the Reuben Waffle Taco was created!
My husband LOVED this version of the traditional Reuben. In fact he said it was our favorite creation! He enjoyed it for lunch and asked for a second before he even finished the first so that is always a good sign!
This is a super easy recipe to make and best of all it is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! In fact we are addicted to how easy it is to make waffle tacos at our house! This is the perfect meal on the go. My son loves these for a quick after school snack too!
Best of all this recipe took me less than 15 minutes to prepare from start to finish and that is so important to me as a busy working Mom. I hope you all enjoy this Reuben Waffle Taco as much as my son did! I love this new twist on the traditional waffle and the traditional taco night!
- 1 Box Eggo Waffles
- Corned Beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Swiss Cheese
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Mix your sauerkraut and brown sugar and heat on the stove top or microwave until warm.
- Toast your Eggo Waffles according to the package directions.
- Add 1 slice of Swiss Cheese to the top of each waffle - melt if desired by heating in toaster oven or regular oven.
- Add desired amount of corned beef.
- Add 2 TBSP Sauerkraut to top of corn beef (be sure to drain)
- Top with Thousand Island Dressing