I love using apples in recipes especially during in the Fall season. Nothing says fall to me more than apples. With this Roasted Apple Chicken recipe you only need 3 ingredients plus salt, pepper and olive oil or butter! If you like to go apple picking in the fall this is a recipe that would be perfect for you. My family loves for me to make Gluten Free Cheese Grits and Corn Casserole as side dishes with this meal.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Place chicken in roasting pan, breast side up. Mix onion pieces and apple pieces in bowl. Season your chicken with with salt and pepper if you like. Place apple-onion mixture inside the chicken (cavity). Now rub the outside of chicken with olive oil or butter. Be sure to really coat it well. Finally sprinkle outside of the chicken with a little more salt and pepper if you like. Place foil tent on top of chicken and place in oven. Cook for 1 hour and then remove foil tent and continue cooking for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before carving.
This recipe could easily be prepped as a freezer meal. Simply prepare it and place into a freezer bag. When you are ready to cook simply thaw in the fridge overnight and place into your roasting pan. This recipe is naturally gluten free. I hope your family enjoys Roasted Apple Chicken as much as mine does.
This Roasted Apple Chicken tastes delicious and is so easy to prepare!
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 7 Points
- 1 whole fryer/roasting chicken thawed and cleaned
- 1 onion cut in quarters
- 3 apples cut in quarters
- salt optional
- olive oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place chicken in roasting pan, breast side up.
- Mix onion pieces and apple pieces in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper if you like.
- Place apple-onion mixture inside chicken.
- Rub outside of chicken with olive oil or butter.
- Sprinkle outside of the chicken with salt and pepper if you like.
- Place foil tent on top of chicken and place in oven.
- Cook for 1 hour and then remove foil tent and continue cooking for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before carving.
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.