We have enjoyed Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms on both trips to Johnsonville. I LOVE THEM! If you are a mushroom lover you will love these. They are the perfect appetizer for a holiday party or special occasion. We love to serve these on game day too! We actually made these at the Johnsonville test kitchen on one of our trips and immediately fell in love with them. They have a great flavor and are affordable to make too.
This is actually a hearty recipe that is perfect for parties because the mushrooms are filling. Growing up my Mom always made stuffed mushrooms for parties so for me this recipe takes me back to my childhood. I have fond memories of enjoyed Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms at New Years Eve and other family parties. If you are a fan of mushrooms and sausage this is a really flavorful recipe. You can easily make it gluten free when you use gluten free bread crumbs.
They are best when made fresh but I have enjoyed them as leftovers. I simply re-heat in the oven when I have leftovers. Serve these for a holiday party, game day or as a dinner entree. You can easily use a nice portabella mushroom and turn this into a delicious dinner. I hope you enjoy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms as much as we do. They are always a crowd pleaser when we serve them.
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 48 large
- fresh mushrooms
- 1 pkg.
- 19 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Remove mushroom stems and discard; set caps aside.
- Place mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
- Remove sausage casings.
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic until smooth.
- Combine cream cheese mixture and sausage.
- Fill each cap with sausage and cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.