Shepherd's Pie is a great one dish meal. Every time I make it for my family it reminds me of my granny. She used to make this all the time when I was a little girl. It is so amazing how a dish can bring back so many memories. Hope your family enjoys Shepherd's Pie as much as my family does. This homemade Shepherd's Pie is a hearty meal that tastes amazing. Give it a try!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 whole carrots sliced and diced
- 1 can peas drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 whole potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can beef broth
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef, garlic and onion.
- Cook the meat until it is browned, drain fat off.
- While cooking the meat, put potatoes in pot and fill with enough water to cover the tops of the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Preaheat oven to 350.
- Mix ground beef, carrots, peas, corn and beef broth together, season with salt and pepper.
- Place beef mixture into a casserole dish.
- Cream the potatoes with milk and butter until they are smooth.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes over the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Here are some other recipes that you may like:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.