- Check your pantry for processed and refined foods that are high in sugar and fat and get rid of them.
- Plan to eat 6 small meals a day. This included breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 small meals.
- Before shopping at the grocery store plan your meals ahead of time with the list of ingredients needed.
- When shopping at the grocery store shop around the perimeter to avoid the processed packaged foods in the center.
- Prepare your meals for the week ahead of time. If you work make your lunches at night and if your limited on time try a crockpot meal.
- Never go hungry. Always keep almonds or an apple in your bag for emergencies.
- Eat every 2-3 hours.
- 100% Whole Wheat
- Brown Rice
- Whole Wheat, Oat, Rice, Coconut, Almond, or Spelt Flour
- Corn Tortillas
- Whole Wheat or Rice Pasta
- Sprouted Grains
- Top round beef
- Leafy greens. All vegetables
- Apples, Berries, Organges and Bananas. All Fruits
- Dried Fruit
- Almond Milk
- Greek yogurt
- Cottage Cheese
- Stevia in the raw
- pure maple syrup
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- All natural Peanut or Almond Butter
Hopefully this will help you get started and serve as a guide for clean eating. I also recommend The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Rena for meal ideas and tips.
Start your morning off right with Clean Pumpkin Oatmeal
1/2 C Oatmeal
1/3 C 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree - This is a great post on how to make your own
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin spice
1/2 C Almond Milk
1 tsp Honey
1 Tbsp Walnuts
Combine and stir all ingredients in microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute. Pair oatmeal with scrambled eggs or egg whites.
This article is written byValerie Kirkland MPH - Valerie is a Group Fitness Instructor and Health and Fitness Blogger. She stays busy by running around with my 2 year son and creating clean recipes for my family to enjoy.