Skillet Chili Recipe is a great one pot dish meal! I love making one pot meals because there is only one dirty pot to clean up afterwards. I am actually getting ready to plan out a week of one pot meals that take 30 minutes or less to make for when my kids go back to school. So the first week of school I will be able to make dinner with such ease.
Now back to this delicious Skillet Chili Recipe that I made last week. Here in Kentucky we have had a lot of rain and unusual colder weather for July, I am talking 60's. Which has been nice and I am not complaining at all. But on one of those days I was really wanting some chili so I got busy making some in my skillet. I loved how easy it was and that I only had one dish left to clean. Be sure to try this easy chili recipe, you will not be disappointed at all!
Skillet Chili Recipe
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 can 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 can 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 can 14.5 ounce kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, minced onion and garlic powder until ground beef is cooked through.
- Drain the ground beef if needed, then place back in the skillet.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer and place lid on top.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *You can use less chicken broth if you like your chili thicker or use more if you like it thinner.
More Chili Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.