You have to try these Skinny Apply Pancakes. They are always a welcome treat for breakfast in our home, but these skinny apple pancakes make breakfast a super special event.
Not only are they delicious, but they are also light, fluffy and of course, healthier than a traditional pancake. Using a great applesauce base gives them plenty of amazing flavor and helps make them healthier while not sacrificing the taste you are looking for.
Skinny Apple Pancakes
There are two secret ingredients that make sure these apple pancakes are delicious and full of flavor. Applesauce and diet lemon lime soda. The carbonation helps give it the fluffy texture you want, while not creating tons of extra calories. The applesauce is a great addition that adds flavor easily to make them a perfect special treat for breakfast.
Skinny Apple Pancakes
- 2 cup flour (whole wheat or your favorite gluten free blend)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole apple diced
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar or preferred sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place ingredients for topping to the side.
- Heat griddle using non-stick spray to prevent pancakes from sticking.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- In medium bowl whisk together egg, applesauce, diet soda, milk and vanilla extract
- Add wet ingredients to dry mix and blend until well incorporated. May add additional liquid (milk or soda) if you prefer a thinner blend.
- Pour ⅓ cup pancake batter onto griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when bubbling and browned.
- While pancakes are cooking, add apple, butter, sugar and cinnamon to microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and check for tenderness. If apples are not tender, continue heating in 30-second increments until desired texture.
- Serve pancakes with drizzle of maple syrup and spoon of apple topping.
These skinny apple pancakes are the ideal healthier weekend breakfast treat! Enjoy these with a side of fresh fruit, turkey bacon or Canadian bacon for a well-rounded meal to begin your day.
BEST CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE:
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole - Pinned 364,600 times to Pinterest!
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Pinned 84,000 times to Pinterest!
Biscuits & Gravy Breakfast Casserole - Pinned 63,000 times to Pinterest!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole - Pinned 6,300 times to Pinterest!
Slow Cooker Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole - Pinned 4,400 times to Pinterest!
French Toast Casserole - Pinned 1,500 times to Pinterest!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.