Slow Cooker Almond Chicken is a new family favorite at our house. We just started a round of Whole30 and I wanted to come up with something new for this round. My husband fell in love instantly with this recipe and declared it a keeper. It is so easy to prepare this Slow Cooker Almond Chicken and place it into the freezer to use when you are ready to cook it. We loved how moist the chicken turned out and I think it could be delicious with either chicken breast or chicken thighs.
I served this over Vegetable Cauliflower Rice and we all loved the flavor. You could easily serve this with traditional rice or noodles. If you are on Whole30 or eating though you will love the cauliflower "rice".
If you are following the Keto Diet this is an easy freezer meal for you! Simply add all of your ingredients into a freezer safe bag and combine and freeze. When you are ready to cook it simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Add your ingredients to the slow cooker and add 1/2 cup beef broth. Cook on low for 8 hours and enjoy an Easy Keto Diet Recipe when you come home!
- 1/4 cup almond butter no sugar added
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs
- optional - toasted slivered almonds and green onion
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts
- Add all ingredients to a freezer safe gallon size bag and combine well in the bag.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Add all the ingredients from the bag to the slow cooker and add 1/2 cup beef broth (or chicken broth) - it gives it a nice flavor.
- Be sure your chicken is covered with liquids and almond butter is in the liquid before leaving for the day.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds and green onion before serving.
This was a very filling meal and we left the table happy and satisfied. Be sure when making this dish that you are pairing it with a nice flavorful side and you are sure to not be disappointed. The chicken was tender and had a deep almond flavor. The toasted almonds really gave it a nice crunch factor.
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!