I love the holiday season, it is my favorite time of the year. It is the season where we try to spend time with family and friends and those who matter the most to us. During this season I find myself hosting gatherings in my home often. The holiday season is a busy time of year. I prefer to spend my time with my loved ones and not in the kitchen. So that is why it is important for me to prepare recipes that can either be prepped ahead or utilize my slow cooker.
I asked my son what he enjoys most about the holidays he said "spending time with family and eating delicious food". We love to indulge in our favorite holiday dishes during this time of the year. The one dish that he loves most is breakfast casserole. No holiday is complete without having it for breakfast on Christmas morning. It is a time for our family to gather together over a delicious meal and best of all it is easily prepped in advance and quickly dumped into a slow cooker. I let the slow cooker do all the work and I am able to enjoy my family time.
I like to do my shopping at Save-A-Lot because it is affordable. I can save up to 40% everyday which helps manage my holiday budget. Save-A-Lot makes the holiday season easier and so does this delicious Slow Cooker Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole recipe. Simply prep your sausage the night before and then place your ingredients into the crock-pot in the morning and several hours later your home will be filled with the delicious aroma. It is perfect for all of your next holiday breakfast or brunch.
It doesn't get any easier than this slow cooker breakfast tater tot casserole recipe and it is crowd pleaser too!
- 32 oz bag frozen Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground sausage cooked and drained
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- Grease slow cooker with butter.
- Add about ⅔ of the bag of tater tots in bottom of slow cooker.
- Whisk together eggs with milk, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Pour over tater tots in slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup of cheese.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage and crumble.
- Drain any fat from cooked sausage.
- Add cooked sausage to the slow cooker.
- Top it all off with remaining tater tots and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2-3 hours or high for 4-6 on low.
- I always cook my sausage and prepare my egg mixture the night before and place in the refrigerator until ready to prepare.
You will not only save money but you will also save time this holiday season when you shop at Save-A-Lot. So take the stress out of your next holiday celebration and enjoy this easy crock-pot breakfast recipe that is sure to make cooking for the family stress free during the holidays. Holidays are made easy with Save-A-Lot. Find the closest Save-A-Lot store near you.
Be sure to check out the Save-A-Lot Smart Shopper Program. It is a great way to save. You will receive the latest specials delivered weekly to your inbox, delicious and affordable recipes, and helpful kitchen hacks and entertainment tips! Be sure to sign up today.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Save-A-Lot. All opinions are 100% my own.