This crockpot recipe for Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken taste simply amazing! You only need a handful of ingredients, and you may have them all in your kitchen and pantry right now. I know I did when I came across this recipe and decided to make it. My family loved it so much they have already asked me to make it again!
To prepare Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken you begin by placing the chicken in the slow cooker and lightly season. Next you whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice and brown sugar. Slowly pour over the chicken.
Now is the hard part of letting it cook all day and waiting. Once it has cooked, remove and keep warm. Make the glaze and serve. Sorry I do not have pictures of the finished product, but it was a bit hectic in my home that night. I served Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Crockpot Creamed Corn along with the Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken.
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Directions: Simply dump all your ingredients into a freezer bag except corn starch. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Dump ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Follow directions for adding corn starch.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 can 6 oz of pineapple juice or juice from a can of pineapple
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water
- Place chicken in crcokpot and season lightly with the salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, pineapple juice and soy sauce; pour around chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 to 6 hours, depending on the size.
- Use a wide spatula to remove the chicken from the slow cooker to a platter and loosely tent with aluminum foil; set aside to prepare the glaze.
- Turn cooker to high until mixture comes to a boil, or transfer to a saucepan for the stovetop.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch in a measuring cup until there are no lumps.
- Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into the boiling sauce until fully incorporated and continue boiling for about 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let rest a moment.
- Brush the sauce over each chicken thigh and serve the remaining sauce at the table.
More Crockpot Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.