We are loving this healthy Chicken with Sweet Potatoes dinner that you can easily freeze and then prepare in your slow cooker. Not only is it healthy it is delicious! It is simple to prepare. This recipe is Whole30 compliant and Paleo plus it is also naturally gluten free. As you know I have been eating Whole 30 and just completed my third round. During this round I relied heavily on the slow cooker to prepare our meals because we had so many soccer games and end of the school year activities. This was a moist and delicious dinner that the entire family enjoyed.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftovers for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
I love that this is a complete meal that you easily freeze and then prepare when you are ready! Simply freeze and then thaw in the fridge when you are ready to cook. Place into the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 8 hours and then enjoy. It is perfect for menu planning during a Whole30 round.
We hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes Recipe. It is sure to be a family favorite once you give it a try.
- 4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts or Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs I used 2 lbs
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 pound sweet potato cubed into large chunks 3 potatoes
- 1 TBSP ground garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce (sugar free)
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Kale optional
- Place all ingredients into a freezer safe bag except for kale and chicken broth.
- When you are ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Dump content of freezer bag and 1/2 cup chicken broth into the slow cooker and cook for 6-7 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and add kale last 30 minutes.