Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Turkey Breast is a moist and delicious easy paleo and Whole 30 freezer meal. I discovered a package of boneless skinless turkey breasts on managers special at my local grocery store and picked them up.
I decided to turn them into a freezer meal since we already had dinner plans for the week. This is a great way to save money when you find meat on sale or managers special but don't have time to eat it before it expires. Just use the freezer to extend the life of the meat.
To prepare, simply salt and pepper both sides of turkey breast. Combine all ingredients except broth, lemon, cranberries, ½ teaspoon rosemary in a gallon size freezer safe bag. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth and cranberries Add ½ teaspoon rosemary on top of turkey breast and sliced lemon. Cook for 8-10 hours on low. I found the longer you cook it the more tender it became. Remove lemon and serve.
This is a moist and delicious dinner that is easy to prep and cook with less than 10 minutes to the freezer it was delicious. This would be a great alternative for Thanksgiving dinner for two. We really enjoyed the flavor profile of the vegetable cauliflower rice that I served with this tender cut of poultry.
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Turkey Breast recipe.
Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Turkey Breasts
- 2 lbs boneless skinless turkey breasts
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened cranberry juice I use Trader Joe's brand
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt/pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- do not add to freezer bag
- ½ teaspoon additional rosemary
- 1 whole lemon, sliced with seeds removed
- 1 cup chicken broth or turkey broth
- ¼ cup unsweetened cranberries, sweetened with apple juice (I purchased at Whole Foods)
- Salt and pepper both sides of turkey breast.
- Combine all ingredients except broth, lemon, cranberries, ½ teaspoon rosemary in a gallon size freezer safe bag.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth and cranberries
- Add ½ teaspoon rosemary on top of turkey breast and sliced lemon.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low. I found the longer you cook it the more tender it became.
- Remove lemon and serve.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.