Slow Cooker Melt In Your Mouth Pot Roast Recipe is simply divine and so easy to make! My family wants me to make this again as soon as possible. What I love most about this recipe is that it needs a good 9 to 11 hours to cook. Which is great for a day that I am going to be gone and need a recipe that can be in the crockpot long.
You start this delicious roast by seasoning it then searing it in a skillet. This helps seal in all those good flavors and makes this dinner recipe scrumptious.
I served Twice Baked Potatoes, green beans and rolls with the Slow Cooker Melt In Your Mouth Pot Roast Recipe and my family loved it. But you could slow cook carrots, celery and potatoes with the roast and have a complete meal that would be hearty. I would suggest not adding the veggies though until the last 4 hours.
Slow Cooker Melt In Your Mouth Pot Roast Recipe is so easy to prepare with a few ingredients! Perfect comfort meal after a long day. Be sure to try this easy Slow Cooker Melt In Your Mouth Pot Roast Recipe, you will not be disappointed!
Melt In Your Mouth Pot Roast Recipe
- 3-5 pound chuck roast
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- Combine together the steak seasoning, thyme and rosemary in a small bowl and set aside.
- Coat both sides of meat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on a third of the seasoning mix onto each side.
- Sear both sides of the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the rest of the seasoning on top of the roast.
- Pour in the beef broth.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 9 to 11 hours.
- Using a turkey baster, retrieve most of the cooking juices from the slow cooker.
- Transfer juices to a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat on the stove top.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with a little water to make a thin paste.
- Blend into the pan juices while whisking.
- Bring back to a simmer until thickened; Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the roast to a large platter; ladle the gravy over an serve immediately.
More Slow Cooker Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.