If you are looking for an easy pork chops recipe this is it! Your pork chops will come out tasting so moist and delicious. This recipe reminds me of fall and that means comfort food to me. I love the combination of pork and apples and this recipe won't disappoint. In fact we couldn't believe how tasty it was and how easy it was to prep, freeze and then cook in the slow cooker when we were ready.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftovers for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs of pork in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of pork.
I served this Slow Cooker Paleo Pork Chops with Apples with Baked Sweet Potatoes that I cooked in a separate slow cooker and roasted green beans almondine. If desired you can thicken with arrow root powder to create a gravy right before serving. I served without gravy and it was delicious. If you are not eating Whole30 you can add honey if desired. I hope you enjoy this healthy slow cooker freezer meal.
- 2 Apples peeled and chopped (I like Fuji or Granny Smith)
- 4-6 Thick Cut Pork Chops 2 lbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce no sugar added
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper optional
- Combine all ingredients into a freezer safe bag except chicken broth.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Empty bag into a slow cooker and add 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Look on low for 6-8 hours.
- Drain apples from broth and serve pork chops with apples on top.
- Add salt and pepper if desired before serving.
- Optional - If desired you can thicken with arrow root powder to create a gravy. I served without gravy and it was delicious.