This scrumptious Slow Cooker Ranchero Chicken is a great family dinner meal! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing 15 crockpot freezer meals for my family's dinners. With the start of the school year activities in full swing and a season full of football for my boys, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
I got busy creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and prep freezer meals to have meals ready to go for my family. This yummy crockpot recipe has been one of my hubby's favorite dinners so far out of all the slow cooker meals. I served the delicious Slow Cooker Ranchero Chicken with shredded cheese, sour cream and some cilantro in a tortilla. I used a 5QT crockpot to cook the Chicken recipe.
To prep as a freezer meal place the ingredients in a labeled ziploc freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer; when ready to cook that overnight in fridge. Use a 5-6 quart crock pot, and add the contents of the bag. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours then shred chicken and place back in the juices to cook on low for 1 more hour. Use chicken mixture as filling for tacos, enchiladas, nachos, or tostada.
This Slow Cooker Ranchero Chicken is so good and it's an easy freeze slow cooker supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this complete crockpot dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this crockpot freezer meal, you will not be disappointed.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts fresh or frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
- juice from ½ of a lime
- 2 cups Ranchero Sauce store bought or homemade
- Tacos tostados, nachos or enchiladas for serving.
- Place ingredients in a labeled ziploc freezer bag.
- Lay flat in freezer; when ready to cook that overnight in fridge.
- Use a 5-6 quart crock pot, and add the contents of the bag.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours then shred chicken and place back in the juices to cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Use chicken mixture as filling for tacos, enchiladas, nachos, or tostadas.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Posts You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.