This Slow-Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken is so easy to prepare and is a delicious and easy dump meal. I like being able to prepare this as an easy freeze meal. My entire family loved this one! It is so easy to make with only 6 ingredients! Just toss the chicken with the taco seasoning and add to the slow cooker. Stir in vegetables and salsa and cover over with lid. It is a true dump and go slow cooker recipe. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours (or on high 3 to 4 hours). Stir just before serving and top with shredded cheese. When I come home I simply prepare rice to serve it over and we have a complete meal. You can even use the microwave rice to keep it simple.
If you want to prepare this as a freezer meal it is so easy to do! In a zip-loc bag add all ingredients except cheese. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. This is an easy slow cooker supper the entire family will enjoy. My son said it was a great homemade version of a Tex-Mex chicken bowl from Chipotle so I took that as a compliment. In fact everyone enjoyed this and I have some picky eaters. Best of all it is just as good the next day as leftovers. I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken as much as my family did. It is sure to be a family favorite once you give it a try.
Slow-Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2 Tbsp. 1/2 of 1-1/4-oz. pkg. Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 each green and red pepper cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups Salsa
- 1 cup Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
- Toss chicken with taco seasoning and add to the slow cooker.
- Stir in vegetables and salsa; cover with lid.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours (or on high 3 to 4 hours).
- Stir just before serving and top with shredded cheese.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.