Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is a great tasting chili that is also healthier for you using turkey in place of beef. I love Turkey Chili and to be honest my family had no idea I used ground turkey in place of ground beef until I told them — after dinner and they had gobbled it all up!
This chili recipe is so easy to prepare. First heat the olive oil in skillet over med-high heat. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Next add ground turkey and cook until turkey is no longer pink (about 7-8 minutes). While turkey is cooking add rest of the ingredients into the crockpot. Do not drain any of the cans because you need the liquid. Once the turkey is cooked drain and add to the crockpot. Stir well and place the lid on slow cooker and cook on low 6-8 hours. Before serving stir well.
I purchased the ground turkey when Kroger had a sale on it and I matched a coupon to it at the same time and only ended up paying a $1 for a 16oz package. That is a heck of a deal on ground turkey. The first thing I wanted to make was chili with it and I am sure glad I did. Next time you have chili on your mind or on your menu be sure to try this recipe, you will not be disappointed.
I like to serve with my chili with crusty French bread. It is the perfect accompaniment. Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is the best chili! Making this recipe with turkey instead of beef is a great way to reduce calories.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Heat olive oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until turkey is no longer pink (about 7-8 minutes).
- While turkey is cooking add rest of the ingredients into the crockpot; do not drain any of the cans you need the liquid.
- Once turkey is cooked; drain and add to crockpot.
- Stir well, place lid on slow cooker and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Before serving stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.