Snowflake Cookies are so light that they will melt in your mouth. These delicate cookies are perfect for Christmas or any winter celebration. They are made with a cookie press.
They are so light and delicious! Be careful not to overcook them as they don't take long to bake. I like to use parchment paper on my cookie sheet when I bake these. You can also garnish them with Pearlized Sugar or White Nonpareils. Be sure to make a lot because you will find that they get eaten quickly! We served these at our Christmas Tea and they were a huge success.
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Cream shortening, cream cheese and sugar well.
- Beat egg yolk, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Gradually add flour, salt, and cinnamon which have been sifted together.
- Fill cookie press.
- Form cookies on cookie sheet, and bake 12 – 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove at once to cooling racks.
Additional Cookie Recipes: